School Council Minutes
Friday 2nd November 2017
Mr Dickenson, Mykey Smith (Yr3 Crocodiles), Darcee Caruana (Yr3 Alligators), Amber Horan (Yr4 Guppies), Logan Hayes (Yr4 Mackerels), Carly Burrows (Yr 5 Puffins), Charlie Mclauchan (Yr 5 Owls), Lilli-Mai Young (Yr6 Dolphins), and Richelle Crespin (Yr6 Baboons). Joined by Lauren Wilkinson, Hannah Rodgers and Casey Coles from Year 6.
Review minutes of last meeting:
The council read through minutes of last meeting and agreed they were correct.
Cancer research fundraising ideas ~ presented by LW, HR, and CC:
- Wear pink (and another colour) day. £1 donation to wear non school uniform and wear pink and (blue). Suggested days on either a Wednesday or a Friday.
- Charity disco. Children bring own food and drink and a pound donation. SD did advise about food allergies.
- Cake sale
- Talent show – Pay to watch.
- Fun run around the school.
- Warren River Clean up – Eco teams (not sure how this would be a fundraiser but good for environment and community.)
LH ~ Suggested a survival skills day as a team day event.
Anti-Bullying week – 13th -17th November
SD spoke to council about Anti-Bully week and the Bullying Alliance’s Odd socks day to support “All different , All equal.” Most of the council thought it was a good idea. As it is Children in Need day on the 17th November and PSHE are teaching Anti-Bullying over 2 weeks. It was proposed to host “Odd Sock day on Friday 24th November.
CB ~ Puffins have asked if there was anyway pears could be swapped with another choice of fruit.
CB ~ Asked the question of whether or not it would be possible for there to be a sauce bar, like the salad bar, at lunch time.
SD told the council he would pass on questions to Juliette.