We are looking for an enthusiastic Grounds Person to start on 3rd April this year to take over the care of our grounds.
Our school is a beautiful site which has always been well maintained and welcoming for staff, children and visitors. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of the school grounds, maintaining the lawns, pitches and borders to a high standard and within requirements of Health and Safety.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake regular maintenance of all borders around the school site to include cutting back of trees and shrubs which ingress the public pathways outside the school perimeter fence.
- Regular maintenance of shrubs and flower beds
- Ensure that all areas of grass are cut to a high standard with the exception of the large school playing field.
- Carry out duties related to the maintenance of suitable play areas for sport within the school.
- Monitor and maintain all grounds maintenance machinery and equipment.
- During the winter to assist the Caretaker with general maintenance and cleaning duties around the school.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Honest, reliable and flexible with motivation to organise the working day using their own initiative.
- Proactive and practical with basic maintenance.
- Willing to attend training.
Please see the full job description by clicking on the title at the top and download application form below. Visits are welcome, please phone in advance. Paper copies of the job description and application forms are also available for collection from the school office.