Home School Link Worker & Designated Safeguarding Lead
My name is Jane Taylor and l am the Home School Link Worker and one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads for Warren Park Primary School.
Being a parent/carer can be one of the most rewarding jobs in the world, however it can also be, at times, one of the most difficult.
My aim is to support children and families, providing that link from home to school and to work with other agencies as part of this support.
As a Home School Link Worker
I can help:
- Parents whose children are experiencing difficult times or are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or have been excluded
- Parents/carers who need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life, e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties
- Support in making and maintaining links with the school
- With signposting to other services for support, help and advice. E.g. Early Help/Family Support Service.
- Provide information on support groups and courses for parents/carers
A part of my role is to oversee the attendance of children across the school, ensuring that they are attending and that barriers to learning are identified and addressed. Along with dealing with staff, pupils, parents and external agencies, l deal with registers, absence calls, letters, follow ups and meeting with external agencies.
My key responsibilities are
- To monitor attendance and punctuality
- To investigate and authorise absences
- To organise and attend meetings with parents/carers when required
- To provide data for statistical collection agencies and for the governing body
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of young people
- Develop intervention strategies to engage parents and students thus increasing attendance
As one of the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads, I attend Children’s Services meetings and can speak with parents, carers and outside agencies regarding confidential safeguarding concerns.
Getting in contact
My email is: email@example.com or call/text me on 023 9247 5502 or 07800 889872 anytime Monday to Friday, between 8.30am & 4pm.