What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium was introduced by the Department for Education (DfE) in 2011, as additional funding for pupils who receive Free School Meals (FSM), those who are Looked After Children (LAC) and those who are from service families. This is because the DfE has recognised that a good education is the key to improving young people’s life chances. Pupil Premium provides additional funding specifically linked to the objective of boosting pupils’ attainment.
Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
The Pupil Premium funding allocation for 2020/2021 is £237,456.
All schools receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,320 for pupils in reception year to year 6.
- £1,900 for pupils who have been in local authority care for 1 day or more or having left local authority care because of 1 of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
- £300 Pupils in year group’s reception to year 11 recorded as Ever 6 Service Child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence.
If you are in receipt of any of the following, Warren Park may be eligible for the grant. Please come in to the office, where Mrs Hooker, Mrs Copping or Mrs Evans, will happily help.
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (with income up to £16,190) with no element of Working Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit
The information will be treated in the strictest confidence but this will enable us to provide more for the school. You only need to apply once as Pupil Premium funding lasts at least 6 years.
If you have any questions about how Pupil Premium funding is spent, please have a read through our Pupil Premium policy.
Remember, every penny counts.