School Council 2020-2021
What do we do?
A school council is a group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school.
The objective of an effective School Council is to help children and young people to:
- Enjoy and feel empowered by their education.
- Feel that their school responds to their needs and views.
- Have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them.
- Have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place.
The School Council Vision Statement is as follows:
- Our school council works together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- We aim to make pupils feel comfortable, happy and safe at school
- We aim to listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place
Joseph Sergeant has been elected as a new Year 3 representative.
The school council has a slightly different feel with the new restrictions however the school council has been busy. We have to meet up in year groups and not as a whole group as we can’t mix bubbles. One of their tasks last term was to produce a video about their year group. The councillors spoke about what life is like in class with all the restrictions, what are they enjoying about their year group, what they have been learning about and things they miss doing that they can’t do anymore. The school councillors really enjoyed doing this and the videos were played to all the other year groups.
The school council will be organising some Christmas activities and competitions for the whole school .