School Council 2021-2022
What do we do?
A school council is a group of students who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school.
The objective of an effective School Council is to help children and young people to:
- Enjoy and feel empowered by their education.
- Feel that their school responds to their needs and views.
- Have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them.
- Have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place.
The School Council Vision Statement is as follows:
- Our school council works together as a team to ensure we can be the best school possible by discussing ideas and making decisions.
- We aim to make pupils feel comfortable, happy and safe at school
- We aim to listen to others and discuss comments and suggestions that would make our school an even more wonderful place
The school council carried out a survey of the lunchtime menu. Each child that has a hot school dinner was asked a series of questions about what was there favourite dish on the current menu and any alternative options to the current menus. The children completed the survey in their year groups and then reported the findings back to the group in the next meeting.
“the food is really good at school”
“I like pizza the best “
“the variety is really good and its healthy”
“could we please have some chicken stir fry or chicken salad”
A big thankyou to Jaxon and Megan who on the recent parent workshop met parents at the main door and then showed them to their seats. They were both polite and friendly and did an amazing job. All the parents were very impressed with your manners and friendly faces, well done!
The School elections have taken place over the last week and we had over 70 applicants across the school which is amazing. The Warren Park Values Committee had the hard task of anonymously choosing representatives for each year group. As a result I am pleased to announce the new school council for 2021-2022.
|Year 6||Year 5||Year 4||Year 3||Year 2|