This Lockdown has certainly made us all take a step back and take time to observe and take note of our surroundings. Here are a few ideas and activities for you to try.
hopefully there will be a pumpkin or butternut squash for your class in October, they have been grown from seed and are presently doing very well.
What would you like to do with your pumpkin?
- You could design a piece of artwork, such as a picture or a carving.
- Find a recipe or make your own up.
- Any other ideas? Be as imaginative as you like
this time of year, the birds are very busy raising their young. There is a lot of activity as the parents look for food. A few suggestions to get you involved are:
- Make a bird feeder.
- Scatter seed on the ground, but be mindful of predators such as cats.
- Supply water
- Design a bird bath
- Make a bird bath, remember not to make it too deep, if your container is a bit too deep, add something to the container such as pebbles, stones or even brick.
- Use the spotter sheet to identify the birds you see, don’t forget to look up to the sky as well, there are buzzards around at the moment.
- Find somewhere to sit quietly and most of all……be patient.