How do you identify an insect?
- Has a hard-external covering known as an exo-skeleton.
- The body has 3 sections; head, thorax and abdomen.
- One pair of antennae.
- 6 jointed legs, (3 pairs).
- Compound eyes, (eyes with an array of lots of small visual units).
These 5 points are definite insect traits. You may find some have wings, some may not.
- Can you find at least 5 different insects?
- Try making a bug hotel.
- Design a hotel: what might you find in there?
- Make up an insect word search.
- Take a picture, then study and draw the insect.
Check out these sites for more information and ideas. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z6882hv/articles/z9fkwmn