What is safeguarding?
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment.
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development.
- Ensuring children grow up with provision of safe and effective care.
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
- ‘The welfare of the child is paramount’ (the Children Act 1989)
- Section 175 of the Education Act 2002 (Section 157 for Independent Schools) places a statutory responsibility on the governing body to have policies and procedures in place that safeguard and promote the welfare of children who are pupils in the school.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
Who do I contact if I have a safeguarding concern about a child at Warren Park Primary School?
Please contact one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads listed below, initially on 023 92475502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org:
Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs Lynne Lofting – 07960289948
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs Elizabeth Cooper
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs Jane Taylor – 07800889872
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mr James Wood
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Miss Kirsty Angell
There are notices around the school to remind staff and visitors of our procedures regarding safeguarding.
If you have any concerns about a member of staff please go to the Headteacher who will contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) as required. If you have a concern regarding the Headteacher, please contact the Chair of Governors initially using the following email email@example.com.
For out of hours
Out of hours Social Care 0300 555 1373
Childline 0800 1111
or for emergencies – Police 999